Persuasive essays refer to compositions that focus on convincing readers to accept the author’s point of view. Basically, prudent learners must use facts and logic, examples, excerpts, opinions, and sound reasoning to show that chosen thoughts remain valid. In particular, this guideline contains the process that one should follow when developing a topic for a persuasive essay. Also, the article contains examples that one may use in different subjects. In turn, writers should use effective communication strategies to show why a specific position holds. Moreover, one should write a persuasive paper when showing the audience that a specific topic or argument appeals to reason, emotion, or character. In this case, learners who intend to prepare outstanding essays must ensure that the topic leads to a debatable argument. Besides, they should change a subject to meet readers’ needs while relying on adequate research on persuasive essay topics.
General Guidelines on Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay refers to a composition that convinces readers to accept the author’s point of view. Basically, students rely on facts and logic, examples, excerpts, opinions, and sound reasoning to show that specific thoughts hold. In this case, one must support all sides of an argument and use effective communication strategies to show why a specific position holds. Also, a scholar needs to know how to write a persuasive essay when showing the audience that a specific topic or argument appeals to reason, emotion, or character. Hence, this type of writing should rely on convincing language to communicate central ideas that relate to a specific persuasive topic.
In academic writing, persuasive essay topics can be themes that are used to convince individuals. Basically, essay topics must persuade others in the case of a specific issue. In turn, such themes in persuasive writing may describe different positions, but all of them have one aim, which is to prove a claim. For example, if students want to prove that their position is right, they write papers by using arguments from different sides of the issue. Hence, they persuade readers that their claim is the best option to choose. However, students may not define their persuasive speech topics since they do not know what to argue. In this way, students can consider essay topics for their persuasive papers provided in this article.
Types of Persuasive Essays
Learners can write two common types of persuasive essays. Basically, the first type focuses on reasoning and requires one to use credible facts and proof to convince readers. In this case, some types of evidence that make this type of essay more substantial include statistical figures, percentages, charts, and graphs. Then, the second type focuses on facts that appeal to emotions and character. For example, one prepares a composition that influences the readers’ feelings and sentiments. In turn, such essays convince people to accept a particular set of behaviors as valid. Besides, the primary objective of essays that appeal to ethos is to allow readers to judge the credibility of a character, ethics, and knowledge of a particular character, profession, or community. Hence, these two types of persuasive papers must rely on credible and compelling evidence to support the core arguments.
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
- Childhood Vaccinations and Their Importance in Society
- Digital Learning Platforms versus Traditional Classroom Teaching
- Exploring the Positive Impacts of Community Service
- Freedom of Speech: Essential or Detrimental?
- Genetic Engineering: Breakthrough or Threat?
- Homeschooling Provides a Better Learning Environment
- Impact of Social Media on Teenagers’ Self-Esteem
- Justification of Animal Testing in Medical Research
- Keeping Traditional Arts Alive: Importance and Challenges
- Legalization of Assisted Suicide: Ethical or Not?
- Mandatory Military Service: A Duty or a Burden?
- Nuclear Power: Solution to the Energy Crisis or a Disaster Waiting to Happen?
- Obesity Epidemic: Who Is to Blame?
- Pros and Cons of Universal Basic Income
- Quantum Computing Will Revolutionize Our World
- Reducing Carbon Footprint Should Be Everyone’s Responsibility
- Space Exploration: Worth the Investment or a Waste of Resources?
- Unplugged Holidays: A Need in the Digital Age
- Violent Video Games Encourage Aggressive Behavior
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Welfare State: Beneficial or Detrimental to Society?
- Xenophobia: Its Causes and Solutions
- Youth Involvement in Politics: A Must for the Future
- Balancing Work and Family Life: A Struggle or a Necessity?
- Cybersecurity Measures and Their Importance in Today’s World
- Driverless Cars: A Leap Forward or a Safety Concern?
- Eating Organic: A Health Trend or a Marketing Trick?
- GMOs: Solving World Hunger or Health Hazard?
- Hybrid Work Model: A Future Workplace Trend
- Internet Censorship: Protection or Suppression?
- Keeping the Internet Neutral: Importance and Challenges
- Meditation Should Be Taught in Schools
- Night Shifts: A Health Hazard or a Necessary Evil?
- Overpopulation: Crisis or Myth?
- Unemployment: A Societal Challenge or an Individual Problem?
- Veganism: A Healthier Lifestyle or a Dietary Fad?
- Women’s Participation in STEM Fields: Challenges and Solutions
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
- Xenotransplantation: Medical Miracle or Ethical Nightmare?
- Youth Empowerment: A Key to Sustainable Development
- Zoological Research: Essential for Conservation or Cruelty to Animals?
- Artificial Intelligence Will Provide More Jobs
- Banning Plastic Bags: A Necessary Step for Environmental Protection
- Cryptocurrencies: A Revolution in the Financial System or a Bubble Waiting to Burst?
- Fracking: Economic Boom or Environmental Disaster?
- Gun Control Laws Can Reduce Crime Rates
- Internet of Things: Convenience or Intrusion of Privacy?
- Keeping Celebrities’ Private Lives Out of the Media
- Mandatory Voting Laws: Beneficial for Democracy or a Violation of Freedom?
- Nuclear Energy: A Viable Solution to Climate Change?
- Online Dating: Revolutionizing Relationships or Encouraging Superficiality?
- Privacy Is More Important Than National Security in the Digital Age
- Quantum Mechanics: A Key to Understanding the Universe
- Robotic Surgery: Revolution in Healthcare or High-Risk Procedure?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Space Tourism: A Futuristic Adventure or an Extravagant Waste?
- Facial Recognition Technology: Invasion of Privacy or Security Tool?
- Work-From-Home Culture: A Boon or a Bane?
- Excessive Consumerism Is Driving Climate Change
- Freedom of Expression Should Have Limits
- Genetic Modification: A Solution to Food Insecurity or a Risk to Biodiversity?
- Young Citizens Are More Politically Engaged Than Ever Before
- Junk Food Tax Can Help Fight Obesity
- Young People Should Be Encouraged to Pursue Entrepreneurship
- Junk Food Taxation as a Solution to Obesity
- Zoos Play a Crucial Role in Education and Conservation
- Diet Changes Can Mitigate Climate Change
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Benefits of Studying Abroad for Student
- High Schools Should Offer Vocational Training Programs
- Life Skills Education Should Be Compulsory in Schools
- Education Is the Most Powerful Weapon Against Poverty
- Zoological Parks Are Essential for Animal Species Preservation
- Financial Education Should Be Mandatory
- Online Education Is as Effective as Traditional Classroom Learning
- Body Cameras Should Be Mandatory for Police Officers
- Robots Will Take Most of Our Jobs in the Future
- Benefits of Teaching Emotional Intelligence in Schools
- Physical Education Should Be a Mandatory Subject in Schools
- Universities Should Make Tuition Free for Low-Income Students
- Violent Sports Like Boxing and MMA Should be Banned
- Xenophobia Has No Place in Modern Society
- Young People Should Have a Say in Political Decisions
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Bilingual Education Enhances Cognitive Skills
- Companies Should Be Accountable for Their Environmental Impact
- Digital Literacy: A Fundamental Skill in the 21st Century
- Freedom of Press: An Indispensable Pillar of Democracy
- Genetically Modified Organisms Are Crucial for Feeding the Growing Global Population
- Internet Privacy: A Fundamental Right or a Luxury?
- Limitations on Free Speech for the Sake of National Security
- Mandatory Vaccination: A Public Health Necessity or an Invasion of Rights?
- Nuclear Disarmament Is Crucial for Global Peace
- Overuse of Antibiotics Is a Public Health Threat
- Quantum Entanglement: A New Era of Communication?
- Raising Minimum Wage: A Solution to Poverty or a Cause of Unemployment?
- Space Travel: A Scientific Necessity or a Luxury We Can’t Afford?
- Unregulated AI Development Can Lead to Unforeseen Dangers
- Women Should Be Equally Represented in Leadership Positions
- Xenophobic Attitudes Hinder the Development of a Global Society
- Banning Single-Use Plastics: A Step Toward Sustainability
- Cryptocurrency Regulation: Necessary for Security or a Hindrance to Innovation?
- Drone Surveillance: Invasion of Privacy or Necessary for Security?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Fast Food Chains Should Be Held Accountable for Obesity Epidemic
- Genetic Cloning: Medical Revolution or Ethical Dilemma?
- Hybrid Cars Are the Future of Transportation
- Internet Censorship Is Necessary for National Security
- Juvenile Offenders Should Be Treated as Adults
- Legalizing Prostitution: A Pathway to Women’s Empowerment or Exploitation?
- Mandatory Parenting Classes for Expectant Parents
- Nuclear Power Is a Sustainable Energy Source
- Quantum Physics Can Explain the Mysteries of the Universe
- Universal Healthcare: A Basic Human Right or a Burden on the Economy?
- Violent Video Games Contribute to Youth Violence
- Wildlife Conservation Efforts Are Essential to Protect Biodiversity
- Xenophobia: An Obstacle to Social Cohesion and Harmony
- Cultural Diversity Enhances a Society’s Development
- Digital Divide: A Barrier to Equal Opportunities
- Environmental Education Should Be Integrated Into School Curriculum
- Immigration Policies Should Be More Flexible
- Junk Food Advertisements Should Be Regulated to Curb Childhood Obesity
- Knowledge Economy: A Key to National Development
- Living Wage: A Solution to Income Inequality
- Nature Conservation Is Crucial for Human Survival
- Political Polarization Is a Threat to Democracy
- Quantum Computing Will Revolutionize Cybersecurity
- Renewable Energy Can Satisfy Global Energy Demand
- Telecommunication Is Beneficial for Both Employers and Employees
Persuasive Essay Topics for 5th Grade
- Zoos: Education Centers or Animal Prisons?
- Telemedicine Will Transform Healthcare Services
- Knowledge Is More Important Than Grades in Education
- Junk Food Should Be Banned in Schools
- Humans and Climate Change
- Green Technology Is Crucial to a Sustainable Future
- Zoos Help in Wildlife Conservation
- Ban on Single-Use Plastic Can Save Our Oceans
- Knowledge of Personal Finance Is Essential for Everyone
- Human Activities Are Accelerating Global Warming
- Virtual Reality and Its Popularity Will Change Our Lives
- Physical Activity Is Vital for Mental Health
- Knowledge Is Power: The Importance of Education
- People Should Reduce Meat Consumption
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Advantages of Renewable Energy Over Fossil Fuels
- Smartphone Addiction: A Social Issue or a Personal Problem?
- Plastic Waste Management: Our Responsibility Toward the Environment
- Distance Learning: An Effective Alternative to Traditional Education?
- Technology Is Making People Lazier
- Youth Activism Is Changing the World for the Better
- Zoos Should Be Transformed Into Conservation Centers
- Green Buildings Are the Future of Construction
- Technology Develops More Problems Than It Solves
- Young People’s Voice Is Crucial in Climate Change Discussions
- Social Media Platforms Should Not Post Fake News
- Electric Vehicles Will Dominate the Auto Industry
- Junk Food Advertisements Should Be Banned From Children
- Teaching Critical Thinking Skills Should Be a Primary Goal of Education
- Public Transport Should Be Free for Everyone
List of 170 Persuasive Essay Topics
Topics for persuasive essays differ from other types of compositions since they must focus on establishing a particular argument as valid. Basically, such themes must allow writers to persuade readers to accept a particular line of thought. Besides, topics may vary depending on the type of paper. In this case, prudent students may vary such types of topics to meet specific needs depending on specific subjects. Hence, some examples of persuasive topics for two types of persuasive essays that one may consider in different areas of knowledge are:
Persuasive Themes That Appeal to Reasoning
- Can online schools be as effective as traditional schools?
- Which 21st-century invention has had the most substantial impact on society?
- Shorter time of college lectures promotes grades.
- Students do not have enough sleep in college.
- Higher education brings benefits to contemporary students.
Examples of topics above may vary from one area of knowledge to another, depending on the writer’s focus. In turn, possible topics for different subjects that one may consider when writing a persuasive work, which appeals to reasoning are:
Art or Culture
- Online schools are effective in promoting creativity among elementary learners.
- Traditional schools ensure that young learners attain creativity in drawing.
- Traditional education promotes innovativeness in crafting.
- Online schools make Harry Potter books more popular than they deserve.
- Online schools inhibit cultural competency in the United States.
- Internet-based schools promote cultural diversity.
- How do internet-based schools ensure that music becomes an effective way to treat mental illness?
- With e-readers so famous, have libraries become obsolete?
- Online schools are effective in promoting business creativity among college learners.
- Traditional schools fail to equip learners with business-oriented skills.
- Traditional education promotes economic innovativeness.
- E-learning allows people to enhance their business schools.
- Should all high school students be required to take an online class on financial literacy?
- Internet-based schools promote financial literacy.
- How do internet-based schools ensure that people gain financial literacy?
- With e-readers becoming so popular, do economic and business schools become obsolete?
- Online learning is effective in promoting knowledge acquisition in the twenty-first century.
- Traditional schools fail to impart the knowledge required in the twenty-first century.
- Traditional education promotes equality in learning.
- E-learning is not an effective method for acquiring training for young learners.
- Online schools fail to impart the necessary behaviors among learners.
- Internet-based schools lower the financial burden of acquiring primary education.
- How do internet-based schools ensure that adults gain adequate knowledge?
- Do traditional schools provide suitable means for promoting adult education?
- Online learning discourages students from performing community service to graduating high school.
- Traditional schools fail to impart the knowledge required in the twenty-first century.
- Traditional education promotes racial equality.
- E-learning is not an effective method of promoting civic education.
- Can online schools enable convicted felons to advance their education during their sentence?
- Internet-based schools undermine the learner’s ability to become responsible citizens.
- How do internet-based schools ensure that adults gain adequate knowledge about fundamental rights?
- Traditional schools provide suitable means for attaining civic responsibility.
Government or Politics
- Online learning undermines the government’s goal of promoting universal education.
- Traditional schools fail to support equal political participation.
- Traditional education leads to political responsibility.
- E-learning is not an effective method for promoting political awareness.
- Can online schools enable citizens from marginalized communities to learn about their civic duties?
- Traditional schools provide suitable means for attaining political responsibility.
- Internet-based schools enhance learners’ understanding of international politics.
- How does internet-based learning ensure that Americans take an active part in the voting process?
- Online learning enhances HIV and AIDS control and mitigation measures.
- Traditional school fails to enhance effective disease control measures.
- Traditional education leads to improved public health.
- E-learning fails to promote the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Can online schools enable citizens from marginalized communities to acquire knowledge about infectious diseases?
- Traditional schools provide suitable means for sensitizing people about infectious diseases.
- Internet-based schools can reduce the risk of sexual harassment.
- How does internet-based learning ensure that all teenagers acquire adequate knowledge about reproductive health?
- Does online learning affect learners’ knowledge about King Arthur as a mythical legend or an actual Dark Ages king?
- Traditional schooling helps to spread the history of a community.
- How did traditional education contribute to the Rwandan genocide?
- Can e-learning provide solutions to historical injustices?
- Can online schools enable citizens to understand the US justification for dropping atomic bombs during WWII?
- Traditional schools provide suitable means for learning Roman traditions.
- Internet-based schools can prevent a sufficient understanding of Byzantine’s ways of life.
- How does internet-based learning ensure a sufficient spread of history?
- Does online learning affect learners’ knowledge about exotic plants?
- Traditional learning makes scientific testing on animals necessary.
- How did traditional education contribute to the development of nuclear plants?
- Can e-learning provide solutions to environmental pollution?
- Can online schools enable citizens to understand the importance of controlling greenhouse emissions?
- Traditional schools provide suitable means for learning about green energy.
- Internet-based schools can lead to misleading knowledge about environmental pollution.
- How does internet-based learning ensure a sufficient spread of scientific knowledge?
- Online learning undermines talent development in various sporting activities.
- Traditional learning promotes various sporting activities.
- How did traditional education contribute to the development of American football?
- Can online schooling support equal opportunities in sports?
- Can online schools enable citizens to understand the importance of sports in their health?
- Traditional schools provide suitable means for promoting athletics.
- Internet-based schools spreading misleading knowledge about sports’ health benefits.
- How does internet-based learning promote sporting knowledge?
- Can online schools be as effective as traditional schools in teaching mathematics?
- Do most college students in the United States prefer traditional schooling systems for learning mathematics?
- Can online learning enhance statistics knowledge among college students?
- Most of the learners who use e-learning perform poorly in mathematics.
- Which 21st-century invention has had the most significant impact on mathematics learning?
- How does mathematics knowledge influence technological developments?
- The shorter time of college lectures promotes mathematics grades.
- Mathematics lessons should take more time than humanities.
Persuasive Essay Topics That Appeal to a Character or Ethos
- Should facial recognition technology be banned?
- Does excessive social media use lead to anxiety?
- Should social media be banned for children younger than a certain age?
- Does Instagram affect a sense of a woman’s beauty?
- Should TikTok be banned in the United States?
Examples of persuasive essay topics given above may vary from one area of knowledge to another, depending on the writer’s focus. Hence, possible topic samples for different subjects that one may consider when writing a persuasive paper that appeals to reasoning are:
Persuasive Essay Topics About Art or Culture
- Facial recognition technology violates cultural beliefs.
- Most aboriginals oppose the use of facial recognition technologies.
- Excessive social media use motivates people to lose their cultures.
- Excessive social media use promotes art.
- Social media promote innovativeness in art.
- Social media is an effective way of teaching arts among young children.
- Social media hinders children from appreciating art.
- Social media promotes the popularity of Baroque art.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Economics
- Social media promotions can help people in higher income brackets to pay taxes.
- Social media use promotes financial literacy.
- Responsible use of social media can help to promote the American dream.
- Social media influences how people understand the economic policies imposed by the government.
- Banning workplace social media use promotes profitability.
- Excessive use of social media exposes people to business fraud.
- Social media incitements motivate people to abscond taxes.
- Excessive use of social media promotes poverty.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Education
- Social media platforms are effective in promoting knowledge acquisition in the twenty-first century.
- Social media usage fails to impart the knowledge required in the twenty-first century.
- Extensive social media usage promotes equality in learning.
- Social media is not an effective method of influencing young learners.
- Excessive social media usage fails to impart the necessary behaviors among learners.
- Social media platforms present the potential to lower the financial burden of acquiring primary education.
- How do social media platforms ensure that adults gain adequate knowledge?
- Do social media platforms provide suitable means for promoting adult education?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Ethics
- Excessive social media usage discourages students from performing community service to graduate high school.
- Social media platforms fail to impart the morals required in the twenty-first century.
- Responsible social media usage promotes racial equality.
- Social media is not an effective method for promoting civic education.
- Can the use of social media in prisons enable convicted felons to advance their education during their sentence?
- Excessive social media usage undermines teenagers’ ability to become responsible citizens.
- How do social media platforms ensure that adults gain adequate knowledge about fundamental rights?
- Can social media platforms provide suitable means for attaining civic responsibility?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Government or Politics
- Social media platforms undermine the government’s goal of promoting universal education.
- Various social media platforms fail to support equal political participation.
- Excessive social media usage leads to political responsibility.
- Communication through social media is not an effective method for promoting political awareness.
- Can social media communication enable citizens from marginalized communities to learn about their civic duties?
- Social media communication provides a suitable means for attaining political responsibility.
- Enhances social media communication enhances the citizens’ understanding of international politics.
- How does the extensive usage of social media communication ensure that Americans participate in the voting process?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Health
- Social media communication enhances HIV and AIDS control and mitigation measures.
- Responsible social media communication enhances effective disease control measures.
- Engaging the public through social media leads to improved public health.
- Social media communication can promote the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Effective social media communication can help citizens from marginalized communities to acquire knowledge about infectious diseases.
- Adequate social media communication provides a suitable means for sensitizing people about infectious diseases.
- Strategized social media communication can reduce the risk of sexual harassment.
- How does social effective social media communication ensure that teenagers acquire reproductive health awareness?
Persuasive Essay Topics About History
- Can social media communication affect learners’ knowledge about King Arthur as a mythical legend or an actual Dark Ages king?
- The integration of social media in learning helps to spread the history of a community.
- How could active social media communication contribute to the Rwandan genocide?
- Can social media usage help to solve historical injustices?
- Can social media communication enable citizens to understand the US justification for dropping atomic bombs during WWII?
- Traditional communication strategies provide suitable means for learning Roman traditions.
- Excessive social media communication can prevent a sufficient understanding of Byzantine’s ways of life.
- How does social media usage promote a sufficient spread of history?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Science
- Does social media communication affect the acquisition of scientific knowledge?
- Facial recognition technology creates a negative perception of science.
- The emergence of social media had positive impacts on scientific knowledge.
- Can social media communication provide solutions to influence people to acquire responsible behaviors toward environmental pollution?
- Can social media communication enable citizens to understand the importance of controlling greenhouse emissions?
- Excessive social media communication can motivate people to appreciate the importance of promoting green energy.
- Social media communication results in misleading knowledge about environmental pollution.
- How does social media communication ensure a sufficient spread of scientific knowledge?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Sports
- Social media communication motivates people to engage in sporting activities.
- Facial recognition can help to reduce fraud in sports.
- How do social media promote American football?
- Integrating facial recognition in sports reduces personification.
- Can social media communication citizens appreciate the importance of sports?
- How can socially banning children younger than a certain age affect their sporting activities?
- Social media plays a crucial role in spreading misleading information about sports’ health benefits.
- Adequate social media communication promotes sporting knowledge.
Persuasive Essay Topics About Mathematics
- Mathematics forms the foundation of facial recognition technologies.
- Social media platforms play a crucial role in teaching mathematics during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How do students feel about the use of social media in enhancing statistics knowledge?
- Most of the learners who use social media perform poorly in mathematics.
- Which 21st-century invention has had the most significant impact on mathematics learning?
- How does mathematics knowledge influence the development of facial recognition technologies?
- Integrating social media learning promotes mathematics grades.
- Mathematical models explain social media communication behaviors better than psychological models.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Opinion
Students get an assignment where they have to learn how to persuade individuals about what they think is right. Basically, professors, teachers, or tutors assign papers on controversial issues where students need to define, defend, and prove their opinions. Thus, possible topics for persuasive works are listed below:
- Should euthanasia be legal?
- Are videogames harmful to kids or not?
- Should people use robots as weapons?
- Is God real or not?
- Which religion is better, Christianity or Islam?
- Is poverty a crime?
- Why are people selfish?
- What do people need to learn more, exact sciences or humanities?
- Is abortion an ethical practice?
- What harms the environment more, gasoline or electric cars?
Persuasive Essay Topics on Solving Issues
Persuasive essay topics can be used to convince the audience that a specific argument is right. In this case, it can be social issues that individuals want to solve. Thus, arguments are needed to prove specific positions, while persuasive themes can be:
- People should not buy fast food because it harms their health.
- Prostitution is a sin that affects society negatively.
- Criminals should be isolated from society because they are dangerous.
- Cats are more friendly pets in comparison to dogs.
- Public smoking affects the well-being of children.
- Firearms should be banned for people with mental conditions.
- Same-sex marriages should be legal since love is a human right.
- People should always tell the truth.
- All countries in the world should not have borders because of the effects of the digital nation.
- Grades in education do not mean knowledge.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Rhetorical Themes
Consequently, many students get assignments where they have to check articles, speeches, or other works of famous individuals to analyze, define, defend, and prove their positions. In this way, such types of works lead to the analysis of assigned articles, speeches, or other works, while students develop their own visions on the issues. For example, typical persuasive essay topics are listed below:
- The Letter from Birmingham Jail defines the struggles of Black society.
- The speech of Donald Trump on the Texas Border will lead to wasting taxpayers’ money.
- The Republic by Plato is what the world needs to implement.
- The speech “First Inaugural Address” by Abraham Lincoln defined a sense of union.
- Western philosophy extended Asian concepts.
- Malcolm X advocated Black rights by using logos, ethos, and pathos in his speeches.
- Stephen Hawking’s works in science have both positive and negative consequences for humans.
- The artworks of Frida Kahlo represented the bright potential of women in a patriarchal society.
- Sojourner Truth’s speech “Ain’t I a Woman” demonstrates the harmful effects of gender inequality.
- Barack Obama’s speeches took the hearts of many Americans but did not change anything.
Constructing Valid Topics for Persuasive Essays
Learners should take prudent measures when selecting topics for persuasive papers. In turn, failure to choose an appropriate topic can affect the quality of an essay. Hence, specific steps that one must follow when selecting a specific topic are:
Step 1: Research
Students must carry out adequate research on a topic. In this case, learners should brainstorm ideas to identify some information about desired persuasive themes. For example, some of the viable areas that one should consider include government, animal tests, gender rights, and education issues, among other emerging subjects. As a result, researching allows writers to gain more knowledge about subjects, which leads to the development of strong arguments.
Step 2: Focus
Outstanding learners should avoid overdone persuasive essay topics. Basically, authors should focus on original themes to ensure that such topics appear unique. Besides, the process involves integrating emerging issues into a topic to avoid monotony. In turn, a picked theme must make the essay’s topic interesting to readers.
Step 3: Rewriting a Topic
Writers should make their persuasive essay topics debatable. In this case, one should rely on adequate research to ensure that a study topic has different points of view. Moreover, students should revise study subjects to ensure that their themes represent a controversial issue.
Step 4: Use Online Help
Students may seek guidance when facing challenges in developing a topic for a persuasive essay. For instance, learners may find useful information on creating an argumentative topic from credible websites. Also, one should utilize such resources to meet academic requirements.
Summing Up on Persuasive Essay Topics
Persuasive essays are compositions that focus on convincing readers to accept the writer’s point of view. Basically, a scholar must use facts and logic, examples, excerpts, opinions, and sound reasoning to show that chosen thoughts remain valid. In this case, such compositions should include details that support all sides of arguments and use effective communication strategies to show why a specific position holds. Then, students need to write a persuasive paper when showing the audience that a specific topic or argument appeals to reason, emotion, or character. Hence, some tips on persuasive essay topics that one must consider when writing such works are:
- Persuasive essay topics must lead to a debatable argument.
- One should change subjects to meet readers’ needs.
- Adequate research helps to improve a persuasive essay topic.